Starting tomorrow 3/29, SOCOM 4 voucher codes that were made available through Killzone 3 giveaways and PAX EAST 2011 booths are going to be active starting 12am PST. For those who do not have these vouchers, starting April 5th the all-access beta will be open through the PS Store. After April 12th however, beta will be removed from the PS Store. Those who DO have vouchers this is what to expect:
* Tuesday (3/29) – Uplink, Classic Uplink, Suppression, Classic Suppression
* Wednesday (3/30) – Last Defense, Classic Last Defense, Uplink, Classic Uplink
* Thursday (3/31) – Bomb Squad, Classic Bomb Squad, Last Defense, Classic Last Defense
* Friday (4/1) – Sniper Alley (Custom), Last Defense Run ‘n Gun (Custom), Bomb Squad, Classic Bomb Squad
* Saturday (4/2) – Scrum (Classic), Sniper Alley (Custom), Last Defense Run ‘n Gun (Custom)
* Sunday (4/3) – Suppression, Classic Suppression, Scrum (Custom)
* Monday (4/4) – Uplink, Classic Uplink, Suppression, Classic Suppression
As always, our multiplayer beta includes two maps, Port Authority and Assault & Battery, and offers a variety of built-in game-types and custom game-types. Here’s a reminder of what’s what:
Suppression: SOCOM 4’s version of “team deathmatch.”
Last Defense: Capture controls points, discover the enemy base and destroy it.
Uplink: Steal enemy data and deliver it to your base.
Bomb Squad: Defend your bomb technician while he disarms enemy explosives.
Sniper Alley (Custom): An 8 vs. 8 version of Classic Suppression with higher damage. Weapons are limited to sniper rifles, shotguns, smoke grenades and poison gas.
Last Defense Run ‘n Gun (Custom): Faster movement speed and reduced damage are applied to 16 vs. 16 Last Defense with weapons restricted to only shotguns and SMGs.
Scrum (Custom): Suppression is given rule tweaks of no respawn, faster movement and higher damage, while sniper rifles, frag grenades, concussion grenades and poison gas are disallowed.